1. Making the Mold- The first step in casting is making a mold from your original design.
2. Wax in the Mold- Here is how we inject wax into the mold to duplicate your designs.
3. Large Parts- Also large parts are injected in the same way.
4. Wax Stick- After all waxes are done, this is next. We attach the wax to a wax stick to form a tree.
5. Wax Trees- Now the wax trees are placed inside a stainless steel container and filled with a high-temperature plaster called investment.
6. Overnight Oven- Wax trees are then placed in a 1200 degree oven overnight in preparation to cast.
7. Burnout- After a burn-out cycle of 12 hours at 1200 degrees, the wax is gone and the metal is poured in the cavity that is left by the wax.
8. Cutting- After castings cool, we begin the cutting process.
9. Finishing- After the casts are cut from the tree, the finishing operations begin.